13 June 2011

Troll vs Hippo

It's a bridge. You cant just cross it though. You have to have a password. If you try to just run past it will end a bit like the Brothers Grimm book the Three Billy Goats Gruff. A troll will eat you. Which makes me think of hippos. Apparently hippos are known for being agressive and large. By large I mean fat. Somehow this is exactly how my train of though goes. And far too often. Especially since my first exam is in just less than 15 hours. However, thats as irrelevant as it is relevant.

I often wonder what stops me from crossing bridges or taking other paths. Is it because I am scared that the other side wont be everything I hoped for? Or am I scared of what may be underneath the bridge. Or do I just now know the right thing to say to get to the other side? I dont know. I am sure through life it is a combination of the sorts but likely its because of fear.

You may think I am tough like a troll, someone that doesnt put up with anything and is silently in wait of its next prey. Or you may somehow compare me to the aggressiveness of a hippo (I refuse to correlate myself to the size of one as I am a rather averagely normal size and not large in any way). However those would both just be super inaccurate. The truth is I am just a girl that is petrified. Scared of making the wrong decision. Scared that the end of the path wont be what I was hoping for. Scared to even speak up. Regardless of the meaningless exterior people may think they see it means nothing compared to the hidden frightened inside. I think a tough exterior is usually just a facade for someone scared that people will look further and see nothing strong at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment