16 June 2011

My Boy Builds Coffins

Songs usually speak to me. More than advice from humans. I just get more out of lyrics usually. Maybe because they are nearly constantly pouring through my ears, or maybe because they are relatable in most situations. I dont know a boy that builds coffins. But now I slightly wish I did because I really adore this song. It has made me think about a lot of important things. It makes me ponder about what I do and want to do with my life. Is it something I am passionate about? Does it matter? How does it impact other people? And then somehow it makes me think of what is actually important and what I want to get out of life. It reminds me how important it is to make the most of our life, to really live life. Too many days go by that I feel like I am just getting by. Who wants their last day or really just to look back and feel like their life is a compilation of getting by. I want to one day be super old and rad and looking back and telling my grandkids or whatever about heaps of epic days. And then when my time comes and there is a coffin that is made just for me, well I hope that that day I will be smiling knowing that I lived an awesome and fulfilled life.

I wish I knew a boy that builds coffins. I think because it seems like a boy like that would be getting like a little secret insight into the incredible lives of many people. And honestly, I just really like learning about peoples lives and what they have done and what makes them smile as they fall asleep. I am fascinated by people. I hope one day I have a boy that speaks to me even more than this song does.

No comments:

Post a Comment