07 June 2011

Moving Into Consecutive Numbers

Its just hours from a day that I like and dont like. I dont like attention focusing on me. I like cards and presents. That all seems normal. So tomorrow is a day I will love and also feel awkward. Whenever something changes, something that cant go back I reflect. I wont ever be twenty two again. In the last 55 weeks, yes I am aware that is more than a year, everything in my life has pretty much changed. Some changes were beautiful as I grew up. Some brought pain. Most brought tears. Twenty two was a year for learning in epic proportions.

I have a lot of hopes and dreams for twenty three. And for once I feel like I can actually go and fight for those things I want. I dont want to take a backseat in my own life. I want to be able to sit here next here and write about all of the things I fought for and achieved while being twenty three. I dont want to look back and see a year of failure or discouragement or brokeneness. I want to look back and be proud. So tonight I am writing down my goals for the next 52 weeks.

This is going to be my year.

No comments:

Post a Comment