30 June 2011

Dorothy Got It Right

I have been gone before for months at a time. And coming home was always nice. Just nice. This time it wasnt like that. I finally understand Dorothy. There really is "no place like home". Maybe its because when my little brother walked in that door from work I ran and jumped up to hug him and he swung me around and I realized he is the one guy in my life that I know will always be there and will always love me. Or maybe I realized it when I saw how perfectly my mother had laid out a room for me with all of my favourite things, including spiderman fruit snacks. Or maybe just sitting at the dinner table laughing, or going to Walmart or watching stupid shows was all I would have needed It only took a few hours and I realized this will always be my real home.

I often feel like I have no sure ties. No place I have to go back to. That I am so free and can do anything I want anywhere I want. But ultimately I can never be gone from here for forever. I cant live without these people, even though I am sure in another day I will be writing about how mental they make me. Regardless, I am so happy at this moment and for once I know that Dorothy said it much better than I could have. I like being home.

No comments:

Post a Comment