25 June 2011

Minding the Gap

Mind the Gap. Watch Your Step.

They are just reminders to be aware of the distance and to bridge it before someone gets hurt, namely yourself. Today I am minding that gap. I am closing the distance. I am heading home. I am going to hop a plane and start bridging that distance that I feel from so many people.

I used to think being a 14 hour drive away was too far. It seems impossibly far. How could you maintain anything that far away? I just didnt realize how big the world was. It will be like 16 hours of straight flying today. Maybe more. And that doesnt even get me home. That just gets me to another city in another country. And the second I land I know I will feel home. Just being in North America I will feel so near everyone. Like anything is possible. I am anxious. I am nervous. I just want to be sitting on the second plane relaxing, forgetting about life. Watching the gap being minded.

I am coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment