08 June 2011

Cake For Breakfast Equates to Super Powers

I woke up and had my favourite cake besides Jeannie Bakery cake. I then realized I felt like I had super powers. I was on top of the world. I unwrapped Twilight Sparkle, my My Little Pony unicorn. I read a few cards, looked at photos and opened Alice in Wonderland. I read texts and messages. I checked my mailbox as indicated in an unknown text and read a poem. I went to uni and had brownies and learned and had a free boost for lunch. The day progressed with a lot of laughter and a lot more love.

I was shocked when we turned up at the final location and a dozen beautiful friends were there to celebrate me. It was casual and perfect. To end it all I am sitting eating popcorn listening to Billy Joel on my record player. I dont know if moments get much better than this. The day wasnt perfect. But I am not perfect. It was so much more beautiful than I imagined. I enjoyed feeling a bit like I had super powers today. Oh and I gave myself the one thing I truly wanted and no one could give me. I ran. A mile and a half has never felt so good, 9 weeks has been a long time apparently.

Twenty three is going to be my year. Watch me nail it.

ps. Thank you. You all know who you are.

1 comment:

  1. This made me so happy that I might have teared up a little bit. Don't judge me! You've always known I was the emotional one in this relationship! I am so happy you had a good birthday. I wish more than anything that I could have been there. I love you so much!! It's your birthday here in the states.. so HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME!!!! 23 is totally gonna be your year. And you're gonna be amazing :) No one deserve it more than you do. Love you Turk!!!

    ReplyDelete