14 June 2011

All Dogs Go to Heaven, Right?

I heard it ringing because my headphones were in and my music was drowning out the chatter of so many stressed people. The calls override the music. Its usually a bummer when my music is interrupted. The exam was to start in 25 minutes. Which is rather soon. I knew I didnt want to answer but had to. I quickly said hello and asked her not to say anything. I knew what she was going to say. I didnt want to hear it. She was silent then I started to cry. It was too late. I said she could just say it. I knew. My mother was calling to let me know that our dear, beloved dog was gone. They had buried him already. It happened so fast. All that had happened was a few hours of study and sleeping.

I dont know exactly why it makes me feel empty. Maybe because I didnt say goodbye. I didnt say thank you. I wasnt there. Cooper was always there. I took him out the only time I have even gotten in an actually angry verbal fight with a family member. He would stay by me everytime I was ill or had surgery. He was always there. I think after 11 years you just are bonded. He has been in my life longer than most anyone in my life. Cooper always loved me. I just wish I could say goodbye. But I guess thats why we believe all dogs go to heaven. If we dont believe that then what do we have to console our sad and empty lonely hearts? I am sure he is in heaven. He has to be.

RIP Cooper. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry love! My Dixie had to be put to sleep last summer and I never got to say goodbye. It's so hard, but I like to think they are up in doggie heaven getting endless belly rubs and getting to run free forever! I bet Dixie and Cooper found each other already and are working on the doggie section of the human book. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete