19 June 2011

Enveloped Ears

I like to hear nothing but the music. There is a reason I buy noise-reducing headphones and turn my music up. I get distracted. Distracted by each page turning, each set of audible footprints, each bag being opened or each apple being bitten into. So as soon as I sit down the playlist is chosen and the headphones are inserted. I love that feeling that there is nothing else. That no one else exists in that moment. That its just you, your music and your notes. Its like a secret getaway from reality without having to go anywhere.

The only downside is when someone approaches you and you actually dont know they are there until they are right there in your face touching your things. Thats when it feels a little sketchy and alarming. However, its worth the downside. Even in my own room to just drown our the world and let my ears and then my soul be wrapped in a blanket of music is pure heaven. I cant imagine what life would be like if I was someone that couldnt have music on to study. I imagine it being deathly depressing and lonely. Music seems to be the only thing that can calm the wandering of my mind, so let my ears be enveloped.

No comments:

Post a Comment