21 March 2011

Two Apples, One Tree

We are very different. At your age I couldnt care less about my hair and makeup. Dressing for school soon became yoga pants. I was generally quiet and studious. High School was such a drag and the first chance I had I was out of there. You carefully get ready each morning, looking beautiful each day. You are a star on several sports teams and you flourish with the attention. You own your grade and you know it. How could we be related?

And then there are moments that remind me that we clearly are from the same tree. I sent you a message. It was after midnight for me, 8am for you. I couldnt sleep and I was discouraged to say the least. You promptly replied you were on your way home and would call. The second you got in the door you ignored the words from Mum and picked up the phone before your coat was even off. You then went and found your Dr Seuss book and read to me. You sent your love and blessings of sweet dreams. You left the book by the phone when you went to school and told me to call back if I still couldnt sleep and someone would read to me. Two hours later I was hearing another story from your book. Thank you.

Eight years younger and literally on the other side of the world and you still take care of me. I hope that you realize how precious you are, I do. I cant wait to freaking see your face this summer! I love you Shmoopy.

No comments:

Post a Comment