29 March 2011

Ceiling to Floor

I walked in with purpose. A very specific one at that. Papermate medium point blue writing utensil, preferrably click top. Ceiling to floor, top to bottom, one whole wall of ink filled writing utensils. I carefully glanced into each box. My eyes would study the ink filled object and move on. One after another I was disappointed. I saw my second favourite, gel filled black ink fine point and some brand I cannot even remember as I only know it by appearance, but that is not what I was looking for so the scanning continued. I got to the end only to feel a hole of emptiness growing within. They didnt have the correct one. I thought about getting my second favourite. My ink filled writing utensil supply was very low as I had one commit suicide in my hand last week and another two run out of their ink. I was left to one crappy one and a felt tip one that I had been settling on. I turned on my heels, collected my peers and walked out. They were confused. You see, I was not ready to settle. Why go in looking for what you know works perfect and doesnt disappoint you and just settle for something second rate and that will always remind you of how it isnt what you want. Not worth it. I will wait til I find the papermate medium point blue ink filled writing utensil or until my drawer leaves me with zero options.

No comments:

Post a Comment