12 March 2011

Author of The Moment

It feels like my life is being written sometimes. Like I am not the one choosing what happens next. But that is just a feeling. It's not overly true. In this moment I am the author. I am the one writing out what happens next because it ultimately depends on the choices in this moment. Its like those books I used to read growing up, you know, the "Choose Your Own Adventure" books. Those ones rocked. I remember if I got to an ending that was unfavourable or if I just thought it sucked or something could have been better I would just go back and make a different choice and do that over and over and over and over again until I got what I thought was the best ending. And even if I got the best ending in the first try I usually had to see what the other options were. it was like I wanted every adventure, not just one. I havent changed. I still want to see all of the options, to try them all out. I like to know for myself whether something else might work. I know I could take someones word for it, or I could just be complacent with where things are going, but even when they are going along splendidly I still have that inkling to see what else is out there. I wonder if I will ever just be content with where things are at, or if I will always be itching for another adventure. And that might not be a bad thing, there is the possibility that it will just continually push me to grow and learn and become a stronger more well rounded person. Or it could go the other way and I could end up letting epic things die out while I am trampling in the long grass looking for something shiny. Time will tell since we dont know how it will end.

No comments:

Post a Comment