04 March 2011

Eurotopia

I was just in Europe. And it was perfect. It was everything I had spent years imagining. I got there and it took my breath away. Yes, it was exactly what I had hoped for. It had the most beautiful architecture I had ever seen. And it was everywhere. Very few buildings were not stunning. It had history, heaps of it, and little shops everywhere. There were little market stores and bakeries everywhere. It felt like I was returning home, to a home I didnt know I had been missing. It was like it completed me a little bit. Being there was ecstasy.

And then there was a moment when I realized that it could be just a little bit better if someone was there with me. But thats a whole different story. So even though this post is so inadequate for the two blissful weeks I spend in Europe something needed to be said. Barcelona is definitely a place that holds part of my heart and there arent really words for it. It was just everything I had hoped for and felt like a fairytale, one that I will revisit in my mind all the time. Most likely when I sit looking over and over the thousand or so photos taken to capture those memories. xo Europe

No comments:

Post a Comment