05 May 2011

Unmundaneing the Mundane Things

Somedays seem mundane. Its like nothing changes from one day to the next. Things become routine. Habits are formed. Some good, some detrimental. Its like in Donny Darko and the people are just moving like blurs. And yet little is done to change it. Something we have little power over. Our biggest time consumer is work in some form, a job, uni, a family. So we try and find the little things we can do to change things. Perhaps a new show to follow, or a book to curl up to. Maybe a commitment to go to new restaurants or to exercise more. We try and overcome the mundaneness we have allowed to creep into our lives.

I go for a different approach. I try and take the most mundane things to change. So I sleep with my pillow upside down so the giraffe head does not match with the quilt. Or I just sleep at the wrong end of the bed.  I will not accept that things are unchangeable and have to be boring. Welcome to the unmundaneness of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment