15 May 2011

Sour Coke Bottle Lollies

You feared your words would hurt. That they would ruin my day. Quite the opposite happened. I needed to hear from you yesterday and you had no idea. I wasnt looking for explanations or love or apologies. All I wanted was you back because I dont have to hide anything with you. Sometimes I hate you a little bit. But mostly I miss you because you listen. You see past what everyone else sees. And sometimes thats the worst. Because I cant fake anything if you are there. You can read me better than anyone and I dont understand why. Thats what makes you knowing my secrets both beautiful and difficult. One day I just let go of us I suppose. Only because you had too. But I think somewhere deep down and very twisted and hidden inside me still thinks things could change one day. One day in the future when you have a robot that puts your pants on for you and when I dont live 3900000 miles away.  

For once I am not stressed about it. I am not concerned about what may or may not happen. I just wonder if my heart, and even yours, can handle one more goodbye. It might be worth it to have a few more days of epic randomness. Six full months has already been too long so by the time we are hitting eight I may be willing to risk some after hurt for stolen moments. So I am eating what I imagine your favourite lollies being (even though you have never even had them) because it makes you feel a bit closer and me a bit less alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment