22 May 2011

Friends With Benefit

Not benefits, just benefit. I am not talking about those relationships that people dont define or the ones defined as open. It's a whole different concept. One that looks at the benefit of the people that change our lives. Its often so subtle. Subtle in a way that I scarcely notice as these souls make their home in my life. Until one day when I feel alone. Then one of them makes its way off the shelf and into the hole that has grown inside of me. Its those seemingly insignificant acts that remind me why we have friends, why we cant go it alone. Sometimes its a simple text, or an unexpected hug, or just someone that reminds you that they are there to listen, or that they care, or that they can see that you feel alone and they know they cant fill that but they will do anything they can to help. Its those people that know that you just want to see dinosaurs or make crafts instead of having a party. Or the people that from the other side of the world still find the time or words to say to let you know that you still exist. I often forget the benefit of friends. I think that I am strong and independent and that I dont need people. I am so wrong. And I am glad I am wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment