27 May 2011

The Grandparent Pound

Whenever I meet someone that is old enough to be my grandparent two things happen. First I want to hug them and take them home, as this thought occurs the second thought quickly happens. I imagine on scrubs when JD imagines what it would be like if you could get grandparents from the pound.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to meet two men that have been through a lot in their lives as they both lost limbs many decades ago. Upon listening to them I instantly wanted to take them home with me. They were so incredible. I dont know if I could go through something like that and still laugh and love life. I would like to think I could, but I dont know. So as these men shared life experiences with us I realized how much I love old people. My maternal grandparents have given up a lot for me over the years and I dont think I will ever be able to express to them how much they mean to me. I wonder if there is anywhere here I can go to adopt grandparents for the next year and a half, and if there is I hope its a little bit like the grandparent pound that JD imagines because that just makes me laugh everytime. I also wonder if I will be a cool old person one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment