12 May 2011

Michael J Fox, Scrubs and Hair OCD

Michael J Fox makes me think of Scrubs. He was a guest star for a few episodes as a doctor that had severe OCD. I think of how hard it would be to live with OCD. Although I do believe that most people have some OCD tendencies. I cant leave chairs at the table pushed out. They must be pushed back in before I can leave the room. When I eat mango sorbet I have to dish it out in a fashion that leaves the surface flat. Worst of all is my hair OCD. I get really stressed and anxious about my hair. If I have a few pieces out of place I search frantically for a bobby pin. If I walk past a mirror and my hair is not how I imagined it I have to stop and somehow change it. Post shower I immediately have to do something to try and fix it up somehow before I get anxious. When I study or take exams I have to be aware to pull my hair up out of my face in order to prevent massive distraction and hair frustration. This has been a bit of an issue for a few years now. I am currently growing my hair out. It makes me want to rip my hair out. I chopped it all off into a pixie cut and am now trying to let it just grow and grow. Sadly, this is an extremely painful task. I will admit that I get so anxious about my hair growing out it brings me to tears. I am determined to not give in though and not to cut it. So as I sit here thinking about how hard it will be to just wax up and toussle my hair for a messy look for the next 6plus weeks til its not awful I keep telling myself its just hair. Why does something so insignificant matter? People can even say my hair is cute but if I am not feeling it I just get more self conscious. I wish that Michael J Fox was here to make some elaborate display of how I need to get over my insecurities and fear. Like when he helped every person at Sacred Heart. I am trying not to be so crazy but somedays its hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment