30 May 2011

Dont Waste The Pretty

This post is mostly for girls. But also for boys. Disclaimer provided.

It seems like an eternity ago that I borrowed a book from my favourite person from high school. It was a book her mother gave her and she said I should check it out. I read it on two different occasions. Years later a movie was made and her and I watched it together. Last week I found it at a bookstore that was closing and instantly purchased it. This book changes perspective. Its empowering. Its enlightening. And it makes you feel like an idiot. I love it.

"He's Just Not That Into You" was wrote from a male perspective to females. It outlines pretty much any dating related scenario and what a girl then does. It also depicts what the male is thinking in these scenarios, and ultimately how much time we waste on nothing.

How often do we sit there wasting hours checking our phones, waiting for a call or a text? Or wondering if we should make a move. Or if he just forget to call. Or perhaps he just got really busy. There so so many excuses and we make them up to fool ourselves. But reality is that if a boy really likes a girl he will do something about it. He can pick up the phone just as easily as we can. If he is interested he isnt going to let you walk away without getting your number or having some way to contact you. He isnt going to leave you wondering and force you to make a move. Thats what happens when he really just isnt that into you. And yet we so often settle for that because we are scared. Scared someone better wont come along. Or scared of being alone. We wonder if maybe that we are expecting too much and with this day and age we are expected to go out there and get his number and call him and everything. Maybe one time for one person that worked, but generally, if he likes you he will pursue you.

Everytime I read this book it reminds me that I shouldnt have to make excuses. I shouldnt have to pick apart every detail wondering what I missed. I should just be pursued and be happy. So I am not going to waste hours waiting for messages that wont come, or wondering if I need to change who I am to impress someone. I am just going to continuing walking along as me and not stress about the boys that really arent into me, those arent the ones that I want anyways. As Greg Behrendt says, "Dont waste the pretty".

No comments:

Post a Comment