04 July 2012

An Odd Detour Involving Kelly Clarkson

Because of you.


Kelly's style isn't usually my thing. And I really havent heard anything of hers in a longtime. I didn't even know she was still singing til someone told me a song was by her. So my radar and her just don't usually mix. So it feels strange that I just am thinking of a song of hers that is from way back when. Yet that is what is happening today.

How do you, or do you even, tell someone that because of them you are compelled to change course and that they changed you. How do you thank someone for something they don't even know they did? The lack of relationship or perhaps the fact that it is a professional sort of aquaintanceship makes the situation seem different. But all I really know is that because of someone asking a simple few questions I now am picturing a new path that I didn't even see before. Maybe one door doesn't lead to a cliff that leaves you trapped. Maybe a door just leads to a cliff with a bridge that you can cross into a whole new place.

I think I would say because of you I think that I have the courage to step onto a path I thought was too steep for me, thank you. But reality is I may never say anything and I may never actually make it onto that path. Only time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. Would you like to know something ridiculous? I don't really know you, but as I perused your blog for the first time in a long time, I felt like I really missed you.
    That makes no sense, you know? I never shared my life with you, and you never shared your life with me. The only way I really know you is through the things we've talked about and the things that you've written.
    As I read what you've written, I wish that my heart could give your heart a hug. Not because I'm trying to awkwardly flirt across the internet or anything like that, but I just get the feeling that your heart could use a hug.

    ReplyDelete