04 July 2011

You're The Voice

Today may have been one of the most perfect days of my life. It was just full of immense amounts of joy. It started with two and a half hours detailing my car. I do not like car related things in any way. So the thought of rubbing gasoline for hours sounded awful. And yet it was beautiful. My grandfather and I just super bonded and amidst it I realized he knew the Smiths and then randomly had one of their old records handy so sent that my way and then we listened to John Farnham on vinyl and bonded some more. We have decided a music day is required. Basically my grandpa is as cool as me when it comes to music. Although my record player is like a baby compared to his gorgeous one.

Then it was lunch with grandma which was full of laughs and joy and love. I wonder if two people could ever love  me more (besides the obvious family members that might). Those two seriously have shaped me. As I sat in the living room on the floor I realized I love everything about their place. Twenty acres just across from the city limits is miraculous. Its like an untouched haven of peace. And their house just screams memories and love from the wallpaper that I adore all the way to the rocking chairs and the juke boxes and arcade games. Everything is so perfect for how I want my grown up life to be.

As if that already hadnt made me the most at peace you can imagine. Then I went shopping. The first time since being home. And it was insane. Lululemon just brought the crazy out in me and it went on from there.

By the time I sat down with popcorn to watch say yes for the dress I just knew it had been a perfect day.

You told me I havent been happy since you met me. I am happy. And you wont even see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment