17 July 2011

Like a Heart Attack I Know I Cant Go Back

Somethings you cant change. You cant go back on. They happen or you make them happen and then that is that. Your only option is to move on and look forward. I forget this often.  Its so easy for me to look back and try and walk back into a life that isnt there. Into a mirage or illusion. To walk back to people that were in another life, a time before I grew up or moved away one of the many times I left.

But with heart attacks or traumatic things we often look back and realize we dont want to be that person anymore. That this event has made us stronger, has shaped us into a better person. So I dont want to go back. I dont want things to be like they were before. They cant anyways. But I dont even want it. I would rather stay strong, independent and have grown than to go back to being nieve and weak like I was before.

Maybe thats the lesson I needed to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment