07 July 2011

Octopus For Dinner

Thats the one thing you wouldnt like. Or at least thats what you said eight years ago when my mother asked what she should make for dinner when you came over. I definitely didnt know we would still be best friends this many years later. I just thought we would study a bit for biology, the skull specifically and my house was much closer than yours. I mean to get to yours I would have had to drive past the horses and the ghetto house.

Sometimes I wonder how we meet people. How we transition from acquaintance to friend to best friend. I wonder what role someone will play in my life when I start noticing their presence is more frequent, or their opinion is valuable. And then it makes me think of some of the other people that have made such an incredible difference in my life and dont know it. The advice that has shaped my future. The people that believed in  me long before I saw anything to believe in.

I dont know how we are still so close. We have barely lived in the same city let alone the same country in the last 6 years and yet that has never mattered. I cant wait for you to win the lottery and come visit me. If not you know I will come home, I always do. And maybe one day Mr Wilde will want to watch Mary Poppins with us, since apparently we are only friends because of him.

I am glad we didnt have octopus for dinner that first night.

No comments:

Post a Comment