02 July 2011

Gothic in Grandpa's Eyes

I thought carefully about what to wear. You cant look the worst when eating your own birthday cake and looking good for my grandparents is rather important to me. So several outfits were tried on prior to my departure. We were playing Bingo, mixing it up on a Saturday night. Yes, I have no shame in saying that most Saturday nights while I am home I am playing games with my grandparents, its what I do. So there I was, losing as usual.

"Dont be going gothic on me" or something of the sort, suddenly is coming from Grandpa's mouth as he looks at me sitting next to him. I didnt realize I was. I quickly reassured him and thought in my head "am I looking gothic?" I was a bit, but it was a typical outfit for me. Black tights, black tanktop, grey cardigan, black nails and toes. It probably doesnt help that my hair is barely off the shade of black. I  may have looked slightly gothic. Although it caught me rather off guard since I usually have bright colours on, minus the nails.

I accept it though. Grandpa tells it like it is, I look a bit gothic. I may listen to some emo music, correction, I will, this evening just to help solidify the feeling. My grandpa is cooler than yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment