21 July 2011

Sacred Heart Hospital

A place of love, laughter, learning and life saving. Sacred Heart is such a treasured place for me. When I close my eyes I can picture Hank at the security gate of sasha in the parking lot, or the emergency entrance sign, or the front doors, or the windows and their faces from them, or the different roofs. I can see it all so clearly. So imagine how magical it was to see it in life. Not just through film but actually be standing next to the building. It was one of the most beautiful and yet heart wrenching moments.

There is only one person I know that would appreciate this building the way I do, JD. Sacred Heart was the place that fostered JD and Turk's relationship as well as all of their other relationships. So JD and I went there. It was harder to find then we initially expected and then we found it. It was being torn down. I shouldnt have been surprised. It wasnt in use when they filmed so after the show ended I suppose the lot in North Hollywood was seen to be too valuable to just hold an abandoned building. It made me sad inside though. I wish I could have someone petitioned it and made it a landmark. However, it is a landmark in my soul.

Perhaps its crazy that I can say that a building I never have stepped in means this much to me. Perhaps I am crazy because I talk like Turk and JD and the Janitor and Dr Cox and Elliot and Carla are like my friends and I am interested in their lives. But crazy is fine with me because those people taught me a lot.

JD taught me that being emotionally driven can beneficial, and that being white means you can get people to yell white lightening when you score, and that having a unicorn to help you make decisions is important.

Turk was like me, a bit more wary of emotions. He taught me how to truly love someone and what friendship means. Along with how to choose what chocolate bar to eat.

Dr Cox taught me how to help people help themselves. And that a hard exterior is a front for a soft inside. And that putting your hands behind your head helps you make decisions.

Elliot taught me that being a hot mess can get you somewhere and that being crazy isnt always a bad thing. And that you have to go through a lot of relationships to find the right one.

Carla taught me the importance of families and remembering your culture. She also taught me how to be bossy.

The Janitor taught me so many crucial things, most importantly that the moon is just the backside of the sun.

Laverne taught me to always love Jesus.

Dr Kelso taught me that being old and retired is awesome, especially if you get free muffins and that you dont have to treat people different if they are in a wheelchair.

Ted taught me that my life is awesome.

The Todd taught me the importance of high fives and banana hammocks.

I learned more from this show then from most college courses.

The moment I eagled in front of Sacred Heart with JD was one of the best moments of my life. It was so good I want to have sex with that moment. (note the scrubs quote reference). Thank you for enriching my life Sacred Heart.

-Turk

1 comment:

  1. That was such a gay day! Hahahaha I love you Turk. And I love that you introduced me to Scrubs! So glad we got to eagle right in front of sacred heart!!!

    ReplyDelete