03 July 2011

Maybe I Came Back for You

Yesterday you hated us. You wanted to escape. You were bitter and angry. My heart was breaking for you. I didnt understand your anger. Your confusion. Tonight you cried in my arms. Your poor little heart was broken by a boy. Your first love perhaps.

I know I drive you nuts because I tease you. And that you hate it when I ask about boys. But I just do it because I love you. I love you all the time. Even when you hate me. I miss you when I am gone and feel like I have missed out on your growing up since I havent been around much in the last 5 years. But as I held you in my arms watching toddlers in tiaras many hours after the sun had went down, I realized you still are a little girl. You are young and fragile and afraid. You dont want to be alone, you just act tough to protect your heart that has been so severely damaged this past year. I am sorry babe. But I am here for you. I came back for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment