23 July 2011

The Security of Airports

I appreciate they are secure. That they have many measures to try and prevent anything tragic from happening. However, sometimes I do wonder when we reach a point that it seems unnecessary or really just overly inconvenient. For example, the other day in lax (pronounced not as individual letters but as one word as that is how I would say it), I had to wait in a little plastic box with tons of people around it waiting for who knows who they were paging. So then a man came and swabbed my hands! I then got to wait as they ran a test. I was released for the box and went on my way. How weird and random! Do I look like my child sized hands need to be swabbed for who knows what? No.

Then I get to another airport where they randomly decide to use the wand on me to check for who knows what again since I already had went through a detector. I then got to board a plan and wait 2.5 hours on the plane before it left because some maintenance or something had to be done. How inconvenient. Cant they do that not when my plane is supposed to be flying?

Needless to say, after 24 hours of travel I just wasnt that impressed with each little security thing that seemed unnecessary. Perhaps they should realize that I just am not crazy and not carrying anything not allowed and just not hassle me in the future. That would be pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment