21 July 2011

Soulmates

I havent blogged about my soulmate enough. Dont get the wrong idea here. I didnt go and have my cards or palm or anything else read. I didnt have a dream about someone I should marry. I just happen to know someone that is clearly a soulmate. Her name is JD. Not in real life on her birth certificate but it should be. JD is one of those people that when I met her I didnt realize that she would change my life. She was a random housemate who I met awkwardly and somehow became everything I needed in a friend, housemate, counsellor etc. She filled all the roles I didnt fill. Mine were along the lines of cook, head of reasoning, the unemotional one etc.

If you met us seperately you would think we are opposites. However, the second you leave us in the same room we will be talking and laughing nonstop. Mostly about things that make no sense to outsiders. Such as the human book, incessant scrubs quotes and stabbing.

[It may seem like this post is so random and scattered and it is. I have been up since 2am aussie time and my head says its 530am so my body is aching with tiredness and I am so ready to sleep, so disregard anything nonsensical.]


So when I first came here JD took me to the airport and was the last person I see. Why break tradition? So I flew to see her on my way back. And I dont even feel bad saying that those 40ish hours with her were probably the best of my trip (minus grandparent moments). Every second with her is perfect in the way that it brings out the best of me. She makes me laugh and we only get into good kinds of trouble. And our excessively different but the same personalities forms the perfect mixture. So when I went crazy missing my wallet just before leaving she was calm. And when she was crazy about a dragon I was calm and full or reasoning.

So when I was at the airport and we hugged goodbye like six times I wanted to cry. I dont like not knowing when I will see her again. And let me attest that she has only seen me cry 3 times in 4 years so thats saying a lot!

So I guess I just wanted to say that soulmates are the best because they are those unexpected people that just perfectly fit into your life and make you the best person you can be. They are the ones that can make you laugh harder than anyone else, and also know exactly what to say when you cry. They will sacrifice for you and always give you the best presents. And they are the ones that you dont have to see everyday and everything will still be insanely perfect when you do see them.

I think I just am feeling super ultra blessed to have randomly met someone that has been changing my life and making me a better person for the last four years. I am already so freaking excited for the next time I get to see her crazy face and that may not be for a lot of days.

1 comment:

  1. Look at me! The emotional one a big, HOT mess reading this! Hahaha. Thank you Turk, I love your freaking guts and I am so HAPPY you came to see me!!!! You are the best soulmate a girl could ask for.

    ReplyDelete