14 April 2011

The Unspoken Downfall of Knowledge Obtainment

If I didnt go to uni for such a excessive amount of time I would have been forced to seek treatment sooner. But unfortunately my knowledge has been working against me. You see I have shin splints and probably stress fractures. It is an overuse injury from running on treadmills and concrete. It has been compounded by an increase in my training and by training through the pain. If I didnt know so much about it I would have asked someone to check it out sooner but I know that the treatment will require several weeks of no running. Not something I will accept unless necessary, so I have been opting for running until the pain hits a point where I cant run and it hurts just all the time. As I write this I can see the clear illogicality of it. But you have to realise since I know exactly what is wrong and how little can be done besides rest I have just went with enjoying my running as much as possible. It will feel like deatheaters are eating my soul tomorrow if I am officially advised to stop running. I will likely shed a tear inside. And to think, if I didnt gain so much knowledge I wouldnt have placed myself in such a poor predicament.

This is why the obtainment of knowledge can be very detrimental.

No comments:

Post a Comment