22 April 2011

Three Types of Body Wash

Maybe it was during that conversation over your drinks that I realized it. Maybe it was not until later. But that night definitely was when something started to change. I had wanted this since we met. Actual uninterrupted time to just relax and hangout and chat. I was mostly getting what I wanted. And for some reason it was not what I imagine but exactly what I needed. As the days progressed up to the time I crawled into my vacation bed I could feel that it was finally going to be how it should be. I was not going to be pining over you anymore because I understood. We would always have such a high degree of mutual respect that we would never try and change each other. And without either of us trying to force the other to change nothing would ever be different between us. We were both living the way we wanted and for the first time I understood that our circles would probably never overlap enough for anything to work. And I knew I wasnt willing to compromise. I  used to think i would give up anything for you because you had made me such a better person. You had taught me to grow up and how to handle things that I thought would break me. I couldnt separate emotion from logic. So somewhere along the way getting what I thought I aways wanted minus one thing ended up being what I needed more than what I wanted. It was clarification and understanding down to my heart. It was like the water was finally becoming clear and in seeing my reflection I saw that you would always be someone that influenced my life but I no longer would be someone that would give up who they are to try and be with you. I appreciate that you were strong when I wasnt because it took me a long time to realize. I cant wait for you to lose our bet and realize that I am stronger than you think. We need bff bracelets because thats how I feel now. Thank you for coming and letting me see the truth I had been trying to overlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment