08 April 2011

The Plausbily American Boy

Stereotypically yoga is seen to be done by females. This stereotype is backed by the fact that seven of my last eight classes were predominantly female. The males tend to come with a significant other, or actually just really appreciate yoga and come regularly. And these males are usually not near my age but they become familiar faces and smiles and words of appreciation you look forward to each week. The familiar faces become the best because if they are coming back I figure I must be doing something right.

So you see, it is odd when a young male comes to my class alone. Especially if it happens more than once. So when you walked in again tonight and set up in the same spot I felt puzzled. You stay til the end. You put your palms up for an adjustment in savasana. You smile and wave and say goodbye before you leave. Your shirt says Tucson Arizona. Can something occurring twice be considered clockwork? I am considering it as such. This is all I know about you. But I am intrigued. I partially just want to know if you are actually American, I feel like that would make us besties. Or the fact that you do yoga would actually do that. The plausibly American boy was the highlight of my class. Did I mention he's a bit gorgeous?

2 comments:

  1. When are you going to write the next chapter in this little diddy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I teach that class again Thursday, so we will see if the clockwork is still working.

    ReplyDelete