28 April 2011

120 Seconds

It's only two minute. And yet I pondered over this much much more than 120 seconds worth. Here is my thoughts.

I am passionate about breath. It started because I had severe asthma as a child. That meant that breathing wasnt something I could take for granted. Sometimes I just couldnt breathe. Then I got a little older and was in grade 5. My Grade 5 teacher made us do qigong. It is the practice of aligning your breath. As a ten year oldish type I was mesmerized. I was fascinated that we could control our breath in different ways for different effects. Years and years later I got into yoga. I started finding myself using breath to control situations. One day I met a counsellor who I spoke to breath about because I did yoga on my balcony. She told with each inhale to think of something good specifically to breathe in. With each exhale to breathe out something negative. So I started using breath to help me gain a more positive control of my life. Then I became a yoga teacher and realized it was all about breath. If you are breathing you are doing yoga. So then I started focusing heaps on my breath. Letting it guide each and every movement. And the next thing I knew breath was everything sometimes. When I was apprehensive before an exam, or in a car, or waiting for a plane I would just close my eyes and breathe. And all of a sudden everything changed. Everything.

So for my 120 seconds breath is what I am passionate about. It brings peace into your life and allows you to separate from a situation just long enough to regain control. Your breath keeps you alive and should be respected as such. So just close your eyes. Let all of your thoughts disappear. Focus on your breathing. Increase the depth of your inhales and exhales and feel the power of it.

I love breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment