09 April 2011

All the Petty Scenes and All the Pretty Things

How often does fate open a door. A door that we recognize yet assume will stay open til we get the courage to act, or perhaps will reopen again so we dont have to act now. So we dont do anything. And then it closes and is gone. And we feel like somehow we have been wronged. When the truth is we were given an opportunity and the only one we can blame for the lack of taking it is ourself. Fate isnt there to continually open the exact same door waiting for us to actually clue in. That would be a little excessive and over the top.

These were the thoughts penetrating my mind as I felt the calmness rise over me as I looked up at Jim Adkins. What a talented man. His songs were very therapeutic tonight. Energizing yet also nostalgic and refreshing. It was like a breathe of fresh air from the suffocating feelings of uni life.  So in such a fantastic situation how could my mind be harping on fate.

Maybe its because I always wonder why I dont end up meeting people at shows. Its a place I feel so at ease and yet sometimes so alone because I am too shy to ever just say hello. Or maybe it was because someone random said hello, and had recently been in my hometown. Or because we chatted several times. Or because I knew I was too shy to say we should hangout. I knew it wasnt a door that would reopen. Once it was over I would turn to leave and we would not likely ever have crossing paths again. It was like fate that we met and yet I was too shy to take the opportunity. Luckily you werent.

ps. JEW rocked my universe.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog posts aren't showing up on my mini feed!!!! I thought you had stopped blogging! I love the way you write. You are amazing. MISS YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete