11 April 2011

The Uncanny Compulsion of Second Chances

I cant stop it. I just think that people can change, or situations can change or maybe I just didnt understand properly. So, generally regardless of the situation I just leave a window unlocked for a second chance to find. I dont consciously do it, perhaps I just consciously dont lock it. And I often dont realize it until my mind starts coming across more and more thoughts of that second chance. Sometimes I wish I could stop this. That I could just close doors definitely. And I do. But usually its after second times another three chances. Sometimes the worst  is probably when I clearly have left the window ajar and the second chance isnt even really wanted. I realize that. I just dont want to see someone change their mind and then come back and see everything shut in.

So as humans that make mistakes most seconds, we need another chance. I am grateful for all of those open windows or unlocked doors people have left for me. I clearly didnt always deserve them. But I cant help but to look at so many times when someone has found the unlocked window and only come in to just steal something special, like my heart. I wish I was sitting here writing this because I locked the last window. It was so close. But somehow I failed. I probably just got distracted by words with no meanings on my way to the last one and then for some odd reason just decided to leave it the way it was. What harm could it do?

Unlocked windows generally only lead to some form of upsetting. The things you really want in your life should come in the front door and not be sneaking in because of windows with faulty locks. Maybe second chances arent always merited in such an open way. Maybe people should have to come back to the front door and knock and start afresh with their second chance. I think that would be less detrimental to my fragile heart. The slithering through the windows doesnt ever end well in real life does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment