19 April 2011

A Depiction of a Night From Home

Yesterday the world felt wrong. Tonight the world feels perfect. Its like a unicorn walked into the meadow I was sitting all alone in and then decided to sit with me. Thats how this moment feels. Let me reenact how I arrived at this moment. 

A simple text yesterday asked me to cover another class, at a club I had never been to. No worries I took it. Then today happened and this arvo was just stressing me out to a very unneccessary degree and I was not enjoying it. I just wanted it to be evening because a dear friend, and a now dear friend, were arriving. What is better than seeing a face from home? So finally the time came. I met up with the boys, they even came to my class with me. And once I got into the studio I ran into someone I had not met but that had changed things for me. He was a friend of a friend. A lovely man who had hooked me up with a job. He smiled and offered to  hook me up with more hours. Exactly what I wanted! I was just stressing the last few days in my head about not working enough so this surprise was something to be overjoyed about. Then class went on and the boys said it was great and all. Then we had delicious sushi, mm, and it was just a perfect evening. Every part of it just fit so nicely. And then at the end they put me in a cab and sent me home. What gentlemen. But that was not all, not that was not all. I arrived to two pieces of mail. A gorgeous wedding invite from two beautiful people and a card. A card that contained hilarious words from each of my siblings, a best friend, and my mother. Its not her fault she chooses the corniest cards and because of that we write that directly in the card each time we are asked to write in them. It also contained an article on the discovery of the most complete skeleton of my favourite dinosaur. A discovery that happened just hours from my home. It also had a bracelet, a perfectly handcrafted compilation of strings that would soon adorn my wrist.

So you see. This evening just left me feeling like the universe loved me. I know the raddest people ever. ps I miss you north america.

No comments:

Post a Comment