06 April 2011

Two Broken Hearts Dont Beat Any Less

I am not heart broken. I just feel like something major has changed. But I am not sure what. I can just feel it. I am not sure if its from my aura of if I can feel it outside, as if its blowing around in the wind. And these lyrics have been frequently invading my thoughts so I felt it was time to just express them.

When something happens that takes an icicle to our hearts and then rips it out leaving a massive gash, wound and ultimately a whole or a section of brokenness, we feel like something has died. As if our heart will never mend. As if it has stopped entirely. Let me clarify. I do believe that people can get very ill and possibly die from a broken heart. I do believe that. Emotional pain takes a massive toll on the human body. But mostly we just feel broken inside, when really, our hearts are still beating. And they will continue to beat. And likely, one day they will flutter a little, or skip a beat. Because one day, it wont be broken anymore.

Nothing significant has happened as of late. My moments are spent in coves of notes and less than mediocre pens, and flashcards and trying to cram little clumps of information into the sulcus of my brain. But amidst this lack of thrilling rad adventures I am at peace. Something is changing, and I can feel it reflecting in my aura. Also, my heart is definitely still beating, despite any damage it may have incurred over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment