08 October 2012

The Tightrope

Balance is a fine line. It is an act that the world creates almost seamlessly although the effects of it are rippled and feel like earthquakes. Today's mail rang this true more than ever. I had two items. Both shockingly unexpected. One was a letter saying my tax return has to be verified and I may not get my money for another 2.5 months if it is verified. Good thing I was counting on that three and a half grand they took from my pockets, awesome. The other was a gift certificate for a lavish gluten free website from someone that was a big part of my past for such a short time. An incredibly thought and unnecessary gift that came out of a preordered birthday gift that recently hit his doorstep. It was just so thoughtful when nothing was expected. And to arrive the same day as the blow of my taxes just somehow made the world seem right. That and the three gazillion other thoughts in my mind battling as they are all so contrary. There is a balance that wants to be had but I cant believe how contrary everything seems to be to create that equilibrium.

I need to take my turn and walk across this tightrope but I am so scared of falling I dont want to take the first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment