17 October 2012

If Ben Gibbard Knew Me

I am mostly sure my dear friend Ben Gibbard wrote this song about me. It will likely be my theme song for probably the rest of my life, and your life also, incase you live longer and need a song to remember me by.

You see I often wish I was named my middle name not my real name, but because I decided that too late in life I have felt I couldn't ask to be called by it. So only one person uses it, but I secretly wish everyone used it instead. It would be so much better than most nicknames I find myself having so I don't know why I can't find a system to implement this.

Regardless, I am regressing, the point is Ben wrote a solo album. That album came out today. And this one song is exactly what I want a boy to sing for me. And it's not one where someone even has to change a name or anything. It just is perfect. And I am obsessed with it. And I am nearly sure that Ben wrote it about me. That would make sense.

Disclaimer: you cannot hold me responsible for any obsession that occurs from listening to this. Onward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak9q7RZRSgc


No comments:

Post a Comment