26 October 2012

But Can You Tell Me Now, You're The Lucky One

The fatal flaw seems to be the inability to see more than the moment. To not be aware of the big picture. To be so caught up in self destruction to not realize how lucky we are. At least that seems to be my most constant battle. I mean I can corpse up really nice but I cant seem to coordinate my life. I am getting so caught up in everyone having these futures lined up so nicely. They all either seem to have their career or their spouse and or child. And I look and realize I dont have any of that. I am about to graduate and am one of the few that doesnt have a job and it is my own fault. And because of that I am so becoming so unaware of how lucky I am. I want to say that I feel like I have the world at my feet, but I feel like it is on my shoulders and as everyone seems to point out, I am not very strong. I just hope that I can stop being so blind and self centered before I let everything come crashing down. Somewhere deep down I know I should be able to tell you I am a lucky one, but today those words just arent on my tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment