17 August 2012

Your Unsunken Ships

I often imagine moments. I picture them in the  most perfect ways. The sounds, the setting, the words. I do this over and over. Often to a point where it seems as if reality could never come close to moments too perfect to be real. But then I am often wrong.

I suppose the most proper way to preface this would be with the fact that the night had been continual moments that caused me to realize how much more invested I was than I ever wanted to admit. And in the moment when we ran into my ex I recognized how much I want this chapter of my life that I am in now, the one that involves you. And so then every moment just seemed to give me butterflies or make me nervous that you didnt want to be in that chapter.

So when the time came and I thought that perhaps these loose lips would sink another ship I couldnt help but to reimagine all the scenarios I had dreamt up for that perfect first kiss. And then as the moment began with quiet words and the recognition that this wasnt just going to be a generic hello lip lock I knew that whatever happened next would make my imaginings so far beyond obsolete. And it did. Reality with you is so much better than anything I could have tried to create. So before I get ahead of myself I think I shall close.

Loose lips sink ships. I am glad you havent wasted as much time as me sinking ships. You make me feel more than ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment