03 August 2012

Casual Smart

Those two words don't belong together. Casual makes me think of tights and a cardigan. Smart involves nerd glasses with the contemplation of either something comfortable or a slightly bad in a good way sweater. Not the same. And the fact that the combination is supposed to equal a look that impresses future employers I find to be misleading. They should just say please dress nicely but not as nice as semiformal. Or possibly just have classed is as "dress to impress" then I could have just slipped on a dress and not even given it a second thought. But they didn't. So here I am wearing jeans. The first time in a solid five months, and that day doesnt count as I was forced to wear them.

But to the point of it all, I need someone to be in charge of coordinating my outfits. If I had my way I would rarely wear anything besides onesies and rights but for some reason I am told hear are not always acceptable. I would also settle for a detailed poster describing what to wear to certain places. It would eleviate much of the confusion I find. Maybe this is why all the kids in this land wear shook uniforms. It takes the guessing, confusion and frustration out of dressing. I always thought uniforms suppressed originality and creativity, and I do still think that, but I may be realizing some of their merit. But this isn't about school uniforms or even work ones. It's about the fact that I need to find someone to coordinate my  outfits for me to save me a lot of hassle. Please apply within.

No comments:

Post a Comment