23 August 2012

Formality

I rarely think of the use of formality, unless it comes to french. Although if you were to speak with me now your ears would likely bleed due to the limitedness of my french or possibly because of my horrendous lack of accent. You would actually be astounded when you realized how long I took it for. Sadly, it was not something prioritized and therefore was lost at a rate faster than it was ever learned. But the point is, I took french. In the french language we were always taught about what tense to use and how to speak to people. It was especially pertinent when speaking to an elder or someone of higher standing then yourself. Because of this, my only thoughts of formality come back to french.

I wouldnt say that I am informal in the rest of my life, it just is a natural thing. In english it just seems to come. You dont have to stress as much about it, it is just a common sense sort of thing. Nothing remarkable in my eyes. But it has led me to this moment. I have realized exactly what I have been trying to put my finger on. Your formality. You are so incredibly formal with me and let's be honest, I am not someone to be formal to. It freaks me out. It just is making it seem less personal I think and that is creating a wall I cant help but to see. And I am sure you have no idea. You probably are just naturally so proper and have no idea how insane and informal I am. Regardless, now that I have realized it, it is likely going to make me mental so I may have to just crush your soul and force you to be less proper when speaking to me. I want you to just say the wrong things sometimes and to just word vomit. I dont want to feel like I am something fragile. So unless you are speaking french to me I advise a lack of formality as otherwise may lead to some form of destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment