24 August 2012

Saturday on Friday

Maybe this is what days off are like for grown ups. If so I don't understand lawyers as they never seem to get days off and lets be honest, two Saturdays in a row is a really amazing thing. Made more magnificent if it isn't a public holiday as those mean nothing is open. It isn't even like I did something crazy to make it an ultra Saturday Friday. It just has been amazing and it is only dinner time. Days off are my new favorite thing.

Perhaps it is those moments you actually have to breathe. Or the opportunity to actually check things off a to do list instead of just adding to it. Or maybe the freedom it gave me to last minute step up and teach. Whatever it was, it was amazing. I think now that I live almost as a grown up I appreciate these things more. Before when all I did was uni I just assumed I would always have the freedom to just do errands. But real life kinda isn't like that. It actually requires planning. And who knew sleeping in til 830 would feel so scandalous. What is happening to me?! I want to pretend this is a bad thing but I am on such a high from who knows what that I don't even care. I might actually be looking forward to grownupness if it means a proper normal schedule and days off and actually getting paid to work. The future is freaking me out just a little bit less today.

No comments:

Post a Comment