05 January 2012

When The Pieces Finally Start Fitting

I think life is like a puzzle. We have all of the tools and things we need to succeed but sometimes it is so incredibly hard to find the ones we need. If you are like me you start with the outside pieces, that ones that seem to make the most sense. Then it is a matter of scouring through all the other pieces trying to find the specific one you need for each scenario. Most of the time I have no idea what some pieces are or their relevance and I have a hard time seeing how any sort of picture can be made. But then when it starts coming together I feel amazed. It's like stepping back for the first time and realizing your work was for something.

That was today. I never really associated my yoga experiences with physiotherapy. I did in the rehab sense but not in the fact that it would actually be excessively beneficial. So there I was. One on one with my patient with an educator taking notes. And it was awesome. I had pre-planned in that planning I realized it was the same as yoga scripting. You plan logically, per position and starting with more of a warm up and then moving to harder techniques. It really was the same. And the interaction was so normal and easy. It just was fluid and right. And for the first time I saw it fit together. I actually am going to be a good physio, I can do this, and I will do it well. I am a bit proud of myself today. Hard work does pay off.

No comments:

Post a Comment