22 January 2012

Being On A Date With Him Was Like Being With A Brick Wall

One time I was in a class about Islam. It was really lovely and their was a boy from Pakistan, he was the most insightful. And so once class the discussion turned to arranged marriage. It seemed like a foreign concept and yet when his input began it made sense. Why not have the people that know you best find you someone? It still didnt seem like my thing as I like the idea of being excessively independent but I was intrigued.

Today I am not sure I feel the same though. As I was conversing with my brother I realized he is my favourite person, he understands me better than anyone else and we can talk about everything. Due to this he has been left with the job of finding me a husband. You see this may seem like a joke but it isnt. Clearly with my years of dating being looked at I am not choosing the right people. I mean I can find someone that seems to have it on paper and then go on a date and find it as boring as being with a brick wall. And there have been people so wrong on paper that were a great match for time. But the problem comes down to the illogicality of the heart and how it makes me retarded. So wouldnt it just be best if someone that knows me entirely just choose a man that has the right qualities and would treasure me? It makes sense. I understand why some cultures practice arranged marriage. I think it is touching.

Do you believe in unicorns?

No comments:

Post a Comment