06 January 2012

Chiropetera

The way their wings move and the fact that you can see the bones and the webbing fascinates me. It gives me that eery calming feeling as I watch them swoop around when I do yoga in the evenings. Its as if they are watching but also protecting. I would like one as a pet. A fruit bat specifically. I feel like that would be more awesome than most other animals, besides my future pet jellyfish Frederick.

I cant help but be amazed by such creations. Their intricacy and beauty is stunning and intriguing. I sometimes wonder what it would be like to be free like that. To just be able to fly and glide wherever you want and to be able to frighten people by swooping at then from trees and to be a frugivore. It just seems to magical and without major downsides. But maybe bats are more humanish than we realize. Some are carnivorous and some arent, and some are vampires. I think that basically covers all human species. So maybe we arent that different from the other creatures around us. It makes me love them even more realizing how unique and yet humanlike they are in my mind. I would really like a bat, or wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment