12 August 2011

Three Times Ten Plus Two Hundred and Seventy

Prologue. I started writing for no real reason. Just because I could. And now I find it drives me. The ability to release my inner thoughts and not feel pressure or judgement is freeing. I feel like the last three hundred minus one posts have helped me to heal, to recognize love and loss and to learn. My writing has taught me more about myself than I ever realized I need to know.  

Tonight I realized that sometimes you have to say the hardest things, things that may mean nothing to someone else, because they mean everything to you. Opening up to the point where you no longer feel like you are hiding is refreshing. And painful. I wont sit here and type that it isnt hard. That sharing what hurts you most with someone is easy. It is heartwrenchingly difficult. Yet in knowing that I finally am not hiding behind some mask of strength that is really just face painted on and will fade with tears feels rewarding. I dont know at all the real reaction. Perhaps my words were a lot less on the other end. But looking back and realizing that I started writing because I couldnt vocalize words and now have learned how to allow someone in amazes me. 

My writing has saved me. It has brought me out of times of pain, depression, aching, loneliness and it also has helped me grow. I hope that one day something I write will help someone, or mean something to someone else. Three times ten plus two hundred and seventy has saved me from myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment