04 August 2011

Every Song Ends, But is That Any Reason Not to Enjoy The Music

I just hit repeat so that I dont have to feel disappointment when the song ends. Or I listen to it anyways because I know for those few minutes the song will shape the moment, that the lyrics will hit me and maybe thats all I need. Maybe all I need is to know that in this moment I am going to make the most of it instead of missing out now in apprehension of the future. So why cant we shape the moment?

I wish I could write how I understand. How it wasnt hard to see you. How I didnt cry the second you left after dropping off my things I had left behind. But I cant. I dont understand. I dont know why you cant want to enjoy every second until there is no hope in it working anymore. Its like I can see the golden snitch just out of reach and would be willing to fight for it. Why dont you feel that way? Why cant I just let go? I just want to enjoy the music until its over, but it seems like you cut the music mid song instead of letting it play out. I would loop the song on replay if it meant that we got to be us.

I cant give in and text you goodnight because I am supposed to let go, so if you find this some way know that I wanted to say goodnight like we did every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment