10 December 2010

What Physio and Hookers Have in Common

Today I made a realization. It is basically like I am paying a fortune to learn to be a hooker. I get to class and spend time with my shirt off, or with my partners shirt off. I then grab their butt several times as I try and help them scoot forward to go from sitting to standing. Or hold their hips and pelvis to coordinate a bridge. Then there are the times when I am palpating which often involves a hand or two on the chest. There are also the scenarios involving paraplegia where I find my body pressed against their legs and am all up in their face while trying to stabilize them through movement. This sort of thing goes on for hours a day. Then there are the times when you are in the spotlight and you find a dozen or more people staring at you in your bra but by this point it already seems normal.

When you think about it, it is like I am paying to learn how to be comfortable in wearing next to nothing with strangers and to touching people in generally more personal areas. Yes, some days it feels like I am learning how to be a Hooker.

No comments:

Post a Comment