27 December 2010

Banksy- and How He Opened My Eyes

I will admit it. I now have a minor obsession with Banksy. I cant help it. I am fascinated with his street art. His anonymity. His ninja like stealth. His messages. So here is an example of why I am obsessed.

But thats not just it. I have always had a fascination with non traditional things, especially art. I wish I was more artistic, thats for sure. So his art really hits me. Then I got thinking as I searched for his book today. How many things do I now love that I would never have known about if it wasnt for someone else? And that got me questioning if anything about my self is original. But then I realized that if we never shared anything with anyone than life would suck and no one would know about anything. How stupid would that be? It would be just awful, trust me, I imagined it.

So I dont hate myself for loving movies you have recommended I watch, or books that I found on someone elses table first. I dont regret having interest in things someone else likes. It just means we have something in common. So I am glad that because of something you said I found a movie that intrigued me and have something else to be interested in. I just wonder if I ever share things with people that they then adapt to become a part of them.

1 comment:

  1. I love banksy too. I just blogged about his rad work in Jerusalem. I would love to go to Europe and see more.

    ReplyDelete