18 December 2010

Glow Worms

Last night we ended up in a cave up the Gold Coast. It was late and dark but once you find the cave it is illuminated with these glow worms. It's like sitting out under a clear sky looking at the stars, except that really you are in a cave and the stars are these glowing little creatures. It is gorgeous.

And as you feel the peace and silence or the darkness it makes you think. It was as if the world stopped and I had a moment to reflect on life. Its like looking at the clusters of glowing was like looking at parts of my life and connecting it like constellations. And as I drew the lines things seemed so clear. I know it feels like I have no idea what I am doing with my life, and there is part of me that thinks about escaping and going back to familiarity but I know there is a point that requires moving on. And I do know what I am doing. BYU had a purpose, here will have a purpose, and when I think back on the trials that got me here, I can more clearly see their purpose. I am pretty sure I need to find more time and places to reflect as reflection reminds me that even on the dark days there is light somewhere, I just have to find it.


No comments:

Post a Comment